Types of Large Envelopes
Not sure which envelope is right for you? The most common large envelopes come in two different types - Catalog and Booklet.
The Catalog envelope has the flap (opening) on the short side of the envelope. This is the most popular mailing envelope and is often used for documents or advertising. You can choose this envelope with a standard gummed flap, or a quick-closing peel & seal closure. If you are using the envelopes to hold small items or collect donations, etc., you may find the Catalog envelope will help to keep items from falling out.
The Booklet envelope has the flap (opening) on the long side of the envelope. If you are mailing thicker catalogs or brochures, this envelope can make it easier to insert and remove your documents.
Our large envelopes come in a variety of paper weights - 24#, 28#, and 32#. For most standard light mailings - such as several pieces of paper - the 24# will likely be fine. If you are mailing a heavier document, such as a brochure or small catalog, or mailing a long distance, you may want to choose one of the heavier weights for increased durability.
Large Envelopes Size Guide
- 6x9 - Fits 5 7/8 x 8 7/8 insert, or an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper folded in half.
- 6 1/2 x 9 1/2 - Fits up to 6 1/4 x 9 1/4. Provides extra room for bulkier 6x9 items.
- 6x10 - Protect small items, jewelry, or parts during the shipping process.
- 8 3/4 x 11 1/4 - Ideal for mailing standard size (8 1/2 x 11) documents.
- 9 x 11 1/2 - Perfect for mailing larger stacks of standard (8 1/2 x 11) documents.
- 9x12 - Fits 8 7/8 x 11 7/8 insert, or several standard 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of paper.
- 9 1/2 x 14 1/2 - Protect books, electronics, and other fragile items in transit.
- 10x13 - Fits a 9 3/4 x 12 3/4 insert, a standard presentation folder, or larger catalogs / booklets.